Monday, June 29, 2009

Looooonely, I'm so looonely.

Summer has officially taken a turn for the worse. With the 'friends' all galavanting off to Europe, Africa, California and other exotic locations, I have been left alone. Completely, and utterly alone. I guess I do have the cat, but she can be a bit stand-offish at times.

So, I have decided that the best route to take is to bury myself in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and to watch as many CSI:NY reruns as possible...because they are just too addictive. Unfortunately, as a result of both, I am terrified to go anywhere alone and have taken to sleeping with my maglite flashlight, a pocket knife (aka, shank), and a very small can of pepper spray. I can only hope for Conley's sake that he never catches me off guard.

I had a life-changing discovery the other day:

Danke Schoen...a song I have loved since I first saw Ferris Bueller's day off, is sung by Wayne Newton. WTF did he do to his voice? He sounds like he had a temporary sex change. Or maybe he sucked helium before he performed. Who knows.
I guess the real question is: how did I not know any of this?

--jamie

1 comment:

  1. 1. That's a man's voice? What the fuck?
    2. Oh, Queso...
    3. I particularly like the shank.
    4. You should rent True Blood. It's amazing and you'd love it. Plus we can watch it together next year!
    5. I miss you :(

    ReplyDelete